Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers run several competitions throughout the year, for various purposes.
- Held at our monthly meetings, with six per year
- Different categories each mini competition
- Judged communally with expert guidance
- Less formal entry requirements than other comps
- Guests may enter if they bring along a beer
- Members can win monthly prizes
- Chance for members to win the Ernie Melville Trophy!
Annual Club Championship
- Held annualy, and open to BABBs members only
- Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) registered competition
- Receive reliable feedback about your beers from experienced judges
- Chance to win some great prizes
- Gateway to the Queensland Amateur Brewing Championships (QABC)
The Mash Paddle
- Judged by the Staff at The Scratch
- Special style requirement that changes each year
- Winning beers go on tap at The Scratch for a special event!
- Winners have the opportunity to brew their beers at a commercial brewery
- Held annually, and open to BABBs members only