Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers, affectionately known as BABBs, exist simply to promote home brewing. We meet monthly at the Coorparoo Bowls Club. Everyone is welcome, from new brewers to old hands, even if you’re just curious about the hobby.
What do we do at our monthly meetings?
- Taste homebrew
- Talk about homebrew
- Hold casual competitions
- Host education evenings
You mean there’s more?
- Have communal brewing days
- Meet for other social occasions
- Hold an annual BJCP registered competition
- Arrange special tours
- And more…
Just getting started with homebrewing?
- Get helpful advice from experienced brewers
- Learn the fundamentals of making good beer
- Get tips specifically for Brisbane conditions
- Find out how to get started cheaply and easily
- Expand your knowledge of brewing ingredients
More experienced homebrewer?
- Gain some insight on how to improve your beers through recipe or process adjustments
- Learn how to spot off flavours and learn how to prevent them happening again
- Have your beers judged against the BJCP style guidelines
- Access competitions and great brewing opportunities
- Train to be a BJCP registered judge
Interested in joining?
Come along to one of our upcoming meetings! We meet on the fourth Thursday of every month, except december. See the membership tab for more details.